Thursday, January 24, 2013

Carrot Cake Balls























Amazing!!!!! they don't taste exactly like carrot cake, but they are healthy, flavorful and yummy. I found this recipe on http://www.hungrymeetshealthy.com/ and adapted it slightly. My friend L was over and helped me, and we had a lot of fun making them.



Ingredients:


  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 1/4 cup shredded carrots- I shredded mine a bit too thick
  • 1/4 raw almonds, quartered (or chopped)
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips (or raisins if you want to stick to the CC idea)
  • 1/4 cup milled flaxseed-I used chia seeds instead
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup almond butter- I used sunflower butter
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup
  • shredded coconut ( I added this and it went really well with it)
Directions:
  1. In a mixing bowl, stir together oats, shredded carrots, almonds, raisins or chocolate chips, flaxseed, coconut and cinnamon
  2. Add almond butter and maple syrup and stir until evenly combined.
  3. Place mixture in refrigerator for at least one hour.
  4. Shape mixture into one-inch balls. Makes about 18-20.
  5.  Put them somewhere out of sight, and not on a plate in the fridge that you see each time you open it.. 
Enjoy! 


No comments:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...