Friday, March 09, 2012

Cream Cheese Pancakes (gluten free)



I usually don't have time to make pancakes for breakfast before work, but this recipe looked super quick and I decided to give it a try. My mom has a theory that if you have carbs with breakfast you are then starving all morning, whereas if you stick to just proteins and fruit then you are fine until lunch. If these pancakes were any indication then her theory just might be true. I was full all morning.

I found this recipe on pinterest and it's from I breathe..I'm hungry which seems like a very appropriate blog title, and adapted it slightly.


Ingredients:
- 2 oz cream cheese (light) ( 4 Tablespoons)
- 2 eggs
- 1 T sugar or 1 pack stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 T coconut flour (this is optional, I added it in because I just bought some on the weekend and wanted to try it out, it's not in the original recipe)

Directions
Put ingredients in a blender or magic bullet.  Blend until smooth.  Let rest for 2 minutes so the bubbles can settle.  Pour 1/4 of the batter into a hot pan greased with butter or pam spray.  Cook for 2 minutes until golden, flip and cook 1 minute on the other side.  Repeat with the rest of the batter.

Makes 4 large 6-inch pancakes



No comments:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...